- Reports to: Factory Manager
- Work Location: TAV Limited, Nguyen Duc Canh IZ, Thai Binh city
Within the context of the Factory operating plan, to provide managerial leadership to the Production Unit team (sew to pack) / (cut to pack) to create a conducive working environment and make optimum use of resources to produce garments that meet the customers’ quality, timeliness and quantity specifications, within the Plant’s cost and performance expectations, and within all applicable country, customer and Plant policies and codes of conduct.
1. Production Preparation
- Pre-Production Preparation: For new / complicated styles, coordinate with related functions to ensure the required skilled labor and machine resources are in place for achieving the production plan from CSP.
- Setting Production Targets: Based on the production plan and Factory performance targets, set monthly Production Unit performance targets and monitor performance against targets.
- Line Loading: Assist the CSP Planner to assign orders to Production lines to optimize individual line and Manufacturing output where necessary.
- Production Inputs: Establish processes with upstream departments for ensuring required materials and information is available to start production as planned.
2. Garment Production
- Production Monitoring: Review daily reports on sewing and presentation progress. Identify potential problems and re-organize resources to maintain plan. Regularly communicate production process to related departments.
- Continuous Improvement: Work with Production Unit team and collaborate with other Production Managers & MS Manager to identify opportunities for performance improvement.
3. Garment Quality
- Quality Mindset: Work with QA
Manager to plan programs to heighten Production Unit members’ quality mindset.
- Quality Monitoring: Review regular analysis reports from QC and MM to identify trends and major quality issues and work with Production Unit team to identify root causes of quality issues and put together a corrective action plan.
- Quality Inspection: Conduct spot checks on quality and organize direct reports to implement corrective measures.
4. Cost Savings
- Sub-Materials: Establish processes for measuring sub-materials wastage and work with Production team to implement actions for reducing wastage.
- Energy: Collaborate with Facilities team to identify and implement actions for reducing energy consumption.
- Excess Cost: Identify opportunities to minimize excess cost by production process improvement.
- Consumables: Collaborate with Finance and Purchasing teams to identify and implement actions for reducing consumables cost.
5. Conducive Work Environment
- Production Safety: Monitor and ensure the production environment, processes and tools are maintained at an optimum condition and abide by the Group’s and national production safety regulations.
- Compliance: Monitor and ensure all Group Ethical Best Practices (EBPs), customer codes of conduct and local labor laws are met.
6. Operator Engagement
- Operator Expectations: Identify key expectations of production operators (sew to pack) / (cut to pack) for their jobs.
- Effective Working Relationships: Work to meet the key expectations of production operators where appropriate, and build and maintain effective and respectful working relationships to drive high production operator engagement.
- Definition of engagement: Having captured the production operators’ “hearts and minds” so that the production operators consistently speak positively of the Production team, have a clear desire to be work and/or be associated with the Production team, and exert extra effort to contribute in some way to the Production team’s success.